The following lists the most commonly requested information regarding our products and warranty.
An archive of our newsletter and technical bulletins is also available.
- Product Guide
- 2017 GT Radial Passenger and Light Truck Product Guide
Choose a Category
This Limited Warranty Policy and Procedures applies to any new tire manufactured by GT Radial that bears the corresponding D.O.T. serial number.
The eligible tire must be operated under normal service and used on the same vehicle on which they were originally installed according to the vehicle manufacturer’s recommendations.
Upon examination by GT Radial, any eligible tire that becomes unusable for any reason that is within the manufacturer’s control (see exclusions in section 1.3 “What it is Not Covered”), within five years from the date of tire manufacture and before wearing down to 2/32 inch (1.6 mm) of the remaining original tread depth, will be replaced with an equivalent new GT Radial product on the basis set forth in this Limited Warranty.
GT Radial tires adjusted under this Limited Warranty due to a substantiated condition related to materials and/or workmanship up to the first 2/32” of the original tread depth, will be replaced free of charge (Federal Excise Tax included).
The cost of mounting and balancing and other service charges, disposal fees, or applicable taxes are payable by the customer.
GT Radial tires adjusted under this Limited Warranty due to a substantiated condition related to materials and/or workmanship that are worn beyond the first 2/32” of the original usable tread will be replaced with an equivalent new GT Radial product on a pro rata basis. The cost of mounting, balancing, full Federal Excise Tax, and other service charges, disposal fees, or applicable taxes are payable by the customer.
This limited warranty does not apply to tires which become unserviceable due to
- Road hazard injury (e.g., a cut, snag, bruise, impact damage or puncture)
- Incorrect mounting of the tire
- Tire/wheel imbalance
- Improper repair
- Misapplication and/or racing
- Improper maintenance
- Under inflation, over inflation
- Uneven or rapid wear which is caused by mechanical irregularity in the vehicle such as wheel misalignment, (measured tread difference of 2/32” or more across the tread on the same tire)
- Accident, fire, chemical corrosion, tire alteration or vandalism
- Use in commercial applications for tread wear; by this warranty for 5 years
- Flat spotting caused by improper storage or brake lock
- The addition of liquid, solid or gaseous materials other than air, nitrogen or carbon dioxide (for example, water based sealers or balancing substances)
- Ozone or weather checking
- Tires branded “Blemished” or “BLEM” are not adjustable for appearance conditions With the serial number buffed or cut
- Purchased or used outside the United States or Canada
- With less than 2/32nds of an inch remaining tread in any groove
- With a ride complaint that occurs after the first 2/32nds of tread wear
- Damaged through use of any tube or flap
* While every reasonable care has been taken in preparing this information, GT Radial cannot be held responsible for inaccuracy or change. All statements are believed to be correct but are not to be regarded as statements or representations of fact. All information, specifications and plan herein contained are subject to change from time to time by GT Radial and cannot form part of an offer or contract. Renderings, photographs and illustrations are artist's impressions only and cannot be regarded as representations of fact.
- Tire Information / Reference
- Designations, Load Index and Speed Rating
- Technical Bulletins
- Proper Mounting Procedures For Passenger Car And Light Truck Tires
- Tire Replacement for Consumer Tires
- All-Season Tires vs. Winter/Snow Tires
- The Proper Use of Studded Winter Tires
- Recommendations for Proper Tire Storage & Handling