The following lists the most commonly requested information regarding our products and warranty.
An archive of our newsletter and technical bulletins is also available.
- Product Guide
- 2017 GT Radial Passenger and Light Truck Product Guide
Choose a Category
This warranty applies to any new GT Radial CHAMPIRO TOURING A/S, CHAMPIRO 228, MAXTOUR, or MAXTOUR ALL SEASON, brand replacement tire purchased on or after January 1, 2012 used in normal service on the vehicle on which it was originally fitted and in accordance with the maintenance recommendations and safety warning contained in the vehicle’s original owners manual for the first 20,000 Kilometers or 12 months from the date of purchase, whichever comes first. At that time, all warranties, express or implied, expire.
If an eligible tire is rendered unserviceable due to a non-repairable road hazard (cut, tear, impact break or puncture) during the first 20,000 Kilometers of original tread life as measured on the properly functioning odometer of the vehicle or twelve (12) months from the date of purchase, whichever comes first, it will be replaced with a comparable new GT Radial CHAMPIRO TOURING A/S, CHAMPIRO 228, MAXTOUR, or MAXTOUR ALL SEASON, prorated on warranted mileage.
The retailer will calculate the replacement allowance by multiplying the percentage of the warranted mileage not received by the retailer’s selling price at the time and place of adjustment.
A comparable new GT Radial CHAMPIRO TOURING A/S, CHAMPIRO 228, MAXTOUR, or MAXTOUR ALL SEASON, is a tire of the same line, or in the event that a tire of the same line is not available, a tire of the same basic construction and quality which differs only in sidewall or tread design.
If a higher price tire is accepted as a replacement tire or you wish to upgrade to a more expensive tire at the time of adjustment, you will be responsible for any additional costs of the replacement tire versus the original tire.
A $10 per tire processing fee applies to each replacement transaction. The $10 per tire processing fee will be deducted from the adjustment credit memo per tire, per transaction. In addition, all service charges (mounting, balancing or new valve) and applicable taxes are not included.
What is not covered by the Warranty
- Tires purchased before January 1, 2012
- Ozone or weather cracking
- The addition of liquid, solid or gaseous materials other than air, nitrogen or carbon dioxide (e.g. water based sealers or balancing substances)
- Flat spotting caused by improper storage
- Use in commercial applications for tread wear claims
- Uneven or rapid wear which is caused by mechanical irregularity in the vehicle such as wheel misalignment
- Tires used in commercial application including but not limited to: police, taxi and limousine applications
- Tire damage of any kind caused by misuse, improper maintenance, overloading, racing, improper inflation, chain damage, high speed spin out(s), or the mechanical condition of the vehicle
- Purchased or used outside the United States or Canada
- Continued use while tire is flat or severely under inflated
- Tires with DOT number cut or buffed. Tires must have Department of Transportation identification numbers
- Tire damage due to wreck, collision, chemical contamination, fire or vandalism
- Any GT Radial CHAMPIRO TOURING A/S, CHAMPIRO 228, MAXTOUR, and MAXTOUR ALL SEASON, tire altered to change its appearance after date of purchase
- Tire damage due to improper mounting/tire/wheel imbalancing or demounting
- Any GT Radial CHAMPIRO TOURING A/S, CHAMPIRO 228, MAXTOUR, and MAXTOUR ALL SEASON, tire that becomes unserviceable due to workmanship or material defects covered by the GT Radial Tire Limited Warranty
* While every reasonable care has been taken in preparing this information, GT Radial cannot be held responsible for inaccuracy or change. All statements are believed to be correct but are not to be regarded as statements or representations of fact. All information, specifications and plan herein contained are subject to change from time to time by GT Radial and cannot form part of an offer or contract. Renderings, photographs and illustrations are artist's impressions only and cannot be regarded as representations of fact.
- Tire Information / Reference
- Designations, Load Index and Speed Rating
- Technical Bulletins
- Proper Mounting Procedures For Passenger Car And Light Truck Tires
- Tire Replacement for Consumer Tires
- All-Season Tires vs. Winter/Snow Tires
- The Proper Use of Studded Winter Tires
- Recommendations for Proper Tire Storage & Handling