5 Year Limited Warranty
This Limited Warranty Policy and Procedures applies to all new consumer (PCR/LTR) tires purchased on or after January 1, 2012, sold or distributed under the GT Radial brand bearing the corresponding D.O.T. tire identification number.
To be eligible, the tire must meet the following criteria:
- Purchased in the United States or Canada
- Operated under normal service conditions and used on the same vehicle on which originally installed and according to the vehicle manufacturer’s recommendations
- Tire is correct size and load rating for the make and type of vehicle
- Tire used on road surfaces for which the tire is designed
- Tire not subject to an exclusion (see Section “What is not covered by the StandardLimited Warranty”)
What is covered by the Standard Limited Warranty
Upon examination by the GT Radial representative, any eligible GT Radial tire that has become unusable due to a condition attributable to materials and/or workmanship within 60 months from the date of manufacturing of the tire (DOT), and before wearing down to 2/32 inch (1.6 mm) of the original tread depth remaining, and not subject to the exclusions in section “What is not covered by the Standard Limited Warranty”, will be replaced with an equivalent new GT Radial product on the basis set forth in this Limited Warranty.
Adjustment on ride comfort or out-of-round is allowed only during the first 2/32 inch of the original tread depth and within 12 months from the date of purchase (whichever comes first) supported with proof of purchase.
Any GT Radial tire that satisfies the above conditions which has become unusable due to defective materials and/or workmanship will be replaced free of charge through a GT Radial Authorized Dealer. The cost of mounting and balancing and other service charges, disposal fees, or applicable taxes are payable by the consumer (i.e. vehicle owner / end user).
Any GT Radial tire that has been worn beyond the first 2/32 inch of the original usable tread depth which is adjusted under this Standard Limited Warranty due to defective materials and/or workmanship will be replaced with an equivalent new GT Radial product subject to a pro-rated charge through a GT Radial Authorized Dealer. The cost of mounting, balancing, and other service charges, disposal fees, or applicable taxes are payable by the consumer.
What is not covered by the Standard Limited Warranty
This Limited Warranty does not apply to consumer (PCR/LTR) tires which have become unserviceable under (but not limited to) the following conditions:
- Incorrect size or load rating for the vehicle
- Road hazard injury (e.g., a cut, snag, bruise, impact damage or puncture)
- Improper use or operation, including: improper inflation pressure, overloading, curbing, use of improper rim or wheel, improper mounting or demounting, tire/wheel spinning, misuse, misapplication, negligence, tire alteration, or use in competition or racing
- Use in commercial applications for tread wear
- Improper maintenance of tire, wheel, or vehicle components: misalignment, imbalance, worn components, or other vehicle conditions, characteristics or defects
- Highway tires that are operated in on-off highway applications
- Tires subjected to severe under-inflated or run-flat conditions
- Improperly repaired tire
- Uneven or rapid wear which is caused by mechanical irregularity in the vehicle such as wheel misalignment, (measured tread difference of 2/32 inch or more across the tread on the same tire)
- Accident, fire, chemical corrosion, tire alteration or vandalism
- Flat spotting caused by improper storage or brake lock
- Contamination or degradation by petroleum products or other chemicals, solid or gaseous materials other than air, nitrogen or carbon dioxide (for example, water based sealers or balancing substances)
- Ozone or weather checking after 48 months from manufacturing date
- With the serial number buffed, cut or illegible
- Purchased or used outside the United States or Canada
- With less than 2/32nds of an inch remaining tread in any groove
- With a ride complaint that occurs after the first 2/32nds of tread wear
- Damaged through use of any tube or flap
- Damaged through improper use of tire chains
See Owner’s Obligation section for claim eligibility.\